Thursday, June 12, 2014

Tropical Storm Nanook

So Tropical Storm Nanook is expected to make landfall here around Sunday, bringing with it some rain and (hopefully) cooler weather.



Rain is really exciting around here, although, as you may remember, last time it rained my house flooded

When I finally got the building developer out to my house to fix my leaky roof, he couldn't understand why I thought it was a big deal that my roof leaked.  According to him, since it never rains in Oman I shouldn't be worried about it leaking when it rained.  I [calmly] told him that although I'd only been in the country 3 weeks it had already rained once, so I didn't really want to take the chance of it raining again. 

He begrudgingly sent guys out to fix the large crack in my ceiling, but considering they "fixed" the leak in less than 30 minutes, I'm pretty sure all they did was paint over the crack. 

So not only do I get to potentially experience my first cyclone, I also get to do it with a roof that leaks and floods the first floor of my townhouse!  Despite my sarcasm, I actually am excited about this (and to have weather cooler than 100* F). 

No comments:

Post a Comment