Saturday, May 31, 2014

A Day at the Beach

After a lot of research into beaches in Muscat that we could wear bathing suits to, a friend and I set off yesterday to the Oman Dive Center for a lovely day at the beach.  It's a private beach near the Shangri-La Resort that has a beach bar and restaurant, lounge chairs and a pool.  It was in a gorgeous cove overlooking crystal clear water and was a perfect way to spend the day (and 4 Rials). 


I will say that despite the fact that it was a private beach, we were still stared at in our bathing suits.  But no one said anything and we weren't being disrespectful at a private beach, so that's all that really mattered.  Next time I want to go back with a snorkeling mask, since there were fish and turtles throughout the cove.


I've promised myself that, no matter how long I'm here for, I can't allow myself to become immune to the beautiful scenery.  The day that I stop noticing the beauty of the mountains or the ocean will be the day I no longer deserve the gift of being here.

No comments:

Post a Comment